Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Watching being watched being watched 五嶋英門さんへ


"Lately I've been checking the status of where this page has been linked out, when before I know it this picture appeared on a mysterious foreign blog. It was a pretty interesting page, so I'm reintroducing it here. (逆紹介-gyakushoukai - literally opposite introducing, or paying you back for introducing his page by introducing your page)

The owner goes by the name of Humbert. H. Humbert, someone who appears to be a Japanese culture and art otaku. It's a complete mystery (that my picture is on there). (Sentence doesn't have subject--possible second meaning: He's a complete mystery to me, that man [of mine].)

3 comments:

  1. Lazy lazy lazy...not even translating the comments...why do I even waste my time reading...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was also obsessing over the name of the post: "Where are you," but I was more interested in possible mistranslations. The people in the posts are just saying silly things, like "Finally making your big break abroad!" and all that clap-trap. Another guy says it looks manly, and a third says he is "looking for the man named Gotou (the artist), dead or alive." Or something along those lines. A google translation is probably more interesting anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And it's the Chinatown bus for me...

    ReplyDelete